Invensys has released a new version of its Avantis.PRO 5.0.5 Enterprise Asset Management software. The updated software features new Lock-out, Tag-out capabilities that improve worker safety, as well as an enhanced connector to the company’s Wonderware Workflow software to provide closed-loop task and event management and better collaboration.
The LOTO process helps define and isolate activities that workers must follow when working on equipment that has the potential to release or cause release of uncontrolled hazardous energy, as well as the unintended start-up or motion of machinery, equipment or processes. Normally, workers must follow written procedures and work instructions. The Lock Out/Tag Out feature works seamlessly with Avantis.PRO equipment management, work management, PM management and Avantis Approval as a separately licensed feature.
A separate capability is the new Wonderware Workflow connector. This allows easy integration and access to the workflow application, allowing users to enforce procedures, processes, and worker tasks through a collaborative infrastructure for driving activities and actions dedicated to task completions.
Key capabilities & benefits:
- LOTO foundational for maintaining high safety standards;
- Protects employees and plant assets as key component for corporate sustainability and responsibility initiatives;
- Seamless operation with Avantis.PRO equipment management, work management, PM management and Avantis Approval modules;
- Isolates activities monitoring and reporting;
- Helps create, monitor and enforce tasks using Wonderware Workflow with native Avantis connector.