The General Session at this year’s ISA Automation Week 2012: Technology and Solutions Event, is entitled “An Open Discussion About the Future of Automation.” The annual conference is scheduled for 24–27 September 2012, at the Orange County Convention Center, West Concourse, in Orlando, (Fl USA).
In the General Session, scheduled for 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, 26 September, executives from supplier and end-user companies, along with a leading industrial business analyst, will deliver their vision of the future of automation. Panelists will hold a discussion focused on the drivers, innovations, challenges and opportunities they expect to see as technology moves forward and economic and workforce development factors impact manufacturing.
Executive panelists include:
- Michael Caliel, CEO and president, Invensys Operations Management (USA)
- Wolfgang Morr, general manager, NAMUR Leverkusen, (D)
- Chet Mroz, president and CEO, Yokogawa Corporation of America
- Robert Novotny, managing consultant, Price Waterhouse Cooper (USA)
- Cliff Pedersen, chief information officer, North West Upgrading, Inc. (USA)
“Jobs and the future of manufacturing automation are on everyone’s mind these days,” said Program Chair, Peter G. Martin. “I’d imagine that any automation professional will benefit from attending the General Session to hear the discussion and ask critical questions about this timely topic.”