IEEE AUTOTESTCON is the United States’ largest conference focused on automatic test systems for U.S. military systems, and has been held annually since 1965. The conference is hold in Baltimore in the autumn, all themes focused precisely on the current issues facing military automated test. Pickering Interfaces has continued in 2011 to regularly release a steady flow of new products in both the LXI and the PXI platforms. And – in addition all Pickering Interfaces LXI products are now fully LXI compliant to the latest 1.4 specification. Pickering Interfaces is committed to following the LXI standard’s evolution and adopting its newest features to improve user experience of Ethernet controlled instrumentation.
There is a demand for high pole count multiplexers in PXI based test systems where the test system will test multiple devices in sequence with minimal operator handling. The ability to move 10, 20 or more signals simultaneously from one device to another improves the efficiency of a test system.
In addition, the market is demanding new matrix configurations, including these that do not fit easily in a single slot 3U module. Matrices can be expanded to make up larger configurations but the methods used are time consuming for the user to configure, often have performance implications and add costs.
Amongst other products highlighted:
First models in a new range of 6GHz switch solutions, these compact switch modules offer an alternative to mechanical microwave switches for applications up to 6GHz. Their excellent isolation and crosstalk performance combined with fast operation and long life makes them ideal for both production and development testing.
Brand new 40-880 Series Solid State RF Switching
- Wide Frequency Range 10 MHz to 6 GHz
- High Performance Solid State Switch
- Dual, Quad, Hex and Octal Versions
- Automatic Termination of Unused Ports
- High Isolation
- SMA Coaxial Connectors
- VISA, IVI & Kernel Drivers Supplied for Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Supported in PXI or LXI Chassis
- 2 Year
1. The new 40-570 DUT Mux BRIC™ with following features:
- High Density DUT Multiplexer
- MUX Sizes Up To 6-Channel/160-Pole, 12-Channel/80-Pole, 24-Channel/40-Pole, 48-Channel/20-Pole, & 96-Channel/10-Pole
- Expandable Via Common Loop-Thru Connector
- Maximum Switch Current of 1A, up to 100V with 60W Max Power
- Isolation Switching for Optimal Signal Integrity in Larger Systems
2. The 6U PXI Reed Relay Matrix Module 45-541 is an ultra high density reed relay matrix available in 132×8 format with 1 pole switching. Typical applications include signal routing in Functional ATE and data acquisition systems. The matrix is constructed using high reliability Sputtered Ruthenium Reed Relays, offering >10e9 operations to give maximum switching confidence with long life and stable contact resistance:
- 132 x 8 High Density Matrix in 6U PXI Format
- Uses High Reliability Pickering Ruthenium Reed Relays For Maximum Performance
- Switch up to 100 Vdc/70 Vac RMS, 0.5A with 10W Max Power
- Fast Operating Speed (typically 0.5ms)
3. 41-753, our recently introduced Battery Simulator, which is being used by our worldwide mobile electronics customers to test battery management systems with the following features:
- Single Slot Battery Simulator
- Remote Voltage Sense
- Isolated Outputs
- Output Voltage Up To 6V
- Power Supplied From PXI Backplane
- Programmable Output Resistance
- Programmable Current Sink Capability To 0.5A For Charger Load Simulation
Innovative Aerospace PXI and LXI Solutions
PXI has proved very popular in many demanding military and commercial Aerospace test applications: PXI helps create smaller, faster test solutions and it makes the job of specifying and integrating test stations easier. Pickering provides Avionics Bus interface cards, programmable power supplies, arbitrary waveform/function generators, 7½ digit DMMs, digitizers, signal conditioning, high current switching, sensor simulators, switching matrices and a wide range of PXI Chassis.
The LXI platform has allowed Pickering to address new applications that could not be easily addressed by other platforms. The benefit to our Aerospace customers is a test solution that is often smaller, at a lower cost, and exhibiting improved specifications.
When designing functional test applications, Aerospace companies like Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, BAE Systems, General Electric Aviation, Goodrich, Rockwell Collins, Raytheon, Honeywell, Hamilton Sundstrand, Bombardier, and Sikorsky have implemented Pickering solutions all around the globe.